Friday, June 24, 2011

Theater Camp: there's nothing like it.


Last summer My girl got involved with the most amazing "camp." I saw her completely live and breath it. She was in her element and eating it up.

We have a local theater that dates back to 1913. It was used for movies, vaudeville and concerts.

The theater is now operated as a community-supported facility. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.  There are stories of ghosts there. There are stories of an unknown who stopped there by the name of Garth Brooks. The history and love is evident. I love love this place.
Super cool right??

This week I sent her off to start a new show. And she was so excited she could barely contain her excitement.
It's a month long and they put their whole hearts into the production, which is going to be "Honk" this year.
She goes from 11-5 every day for a month and ends with a week of nights that are 6 till almost midnight.
She loves every minute.
Since she has to pack a lunch she asked me to make her own lunch bag. 
We sort of compromised. I love the pink skull fabric she picked out but wanted to tone it down and make it a little more feminine rocker.
And she loves it. 
It makes me smile that she likes that I call it feminine rocker too. 
so now the little bean has put in an order for a "pirate dress" that looks just like her sisters lunch bag.
Ok. I'm on it. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun to get love notes: