Tuesday, June 21, 2011

HELLO. i MISS YOU. let's POW WOW.

'Cause I luv' ya that way.  
Hi peeps.
I have not fallen off the planet.
It's SUMMER!!!
This means feeling guilty if I spend too much time inside on a nice day and planned trips to the park.
Spontaneous trips to the pool.
AND impromptu BBQ's with the neighbors.
Required s'more nights...

AND then feeling guilty because I'm neglecting YOU. ;)
SO, even though I still think about you every day, I am not here.
So, a couple of things:
1}Have you seen the special

Happy Chevron Quilted Canvases with vintage sheet letters??

These are with custom available!! They hit the shop last week??

LETS JOIN THE CIRCUS
I am having a love affair with all things circus ever since I read Water for Elephants. I love that era. It feels sort of romantic to me. It's a little way of saying lets run off together...or Let's you and me escape this crazy life and go off together for a life of adventure....
These are simply charming quilted canvases. LOVELY Vintage sheets are used to make the letters, and are then quilted onto a hearty Chevron Canvas fabric.This piece is then mounted to an 8x10 canvas which can hang on the wall or sit on a shelf. These happy things can be made to order based on your choice of colors seen in the bottom two photos of each shop listing.{Choose chevron background and floral letters}

SWEET DREAMSI love this...I made one for my little ones room and promised she'd have sweet dreams every night. She loves it too.

Other ideas for text:
DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP
LETS JOIN THE CIRCUS
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON
SWEET DREAMS
A CHILD'S NAME
*A BABY ANNOUNCEMENT (INFO EMBROIDERED BELOW)
*a WEDDING GIFT (THE COUPLES NAME AND WEDDING DATE EMBROIDERED BELOW)

2} Have you heard of the


yet??
It's an amazing project and I feel honored to be a part of it.
Check out more about it here at the sweet and fun and real and very pretty Danielle Burkleo's Blog.
DO you wanna know how I met her??  After a very hard day. I had a etsy conversation waiting for me with a sweet note from this stranger who wanted nothing in return but to tell me I was doing a good job. 
How awesome is that!?
I love this project.
3}I want some thoughts.      
I jumped into this aubreyplays a little more than 6 months ago. 
I had determination. I had passion. I had the want to prove myself. To who?? who knows.
I thought I can do this without blowing the bank to start up. I stayed up half the night and survived on coffee chasing three kiddos the next day. 
I am going to put my whole heart into it and try my hardest and put myself out there.  
SO I am wondering if any of you awesome people are out there in this handmade world too?
What is the single most important thing you have learned that just works?
Do you stretch beyond your storefront? Craft shows? Big cartel?
Do you so giveaways? Do you pay for advertising?
I want to know. And I bet I am not the only one.          
ok I was kind of all over the place.
Thanks for the pow wow ;)   
                                                                                    



1 comment:

  1. Haha...when you learn he secret to success let me in on it!

    ReplyDelete

It's fun to get love notes: