Friday, January 7, 2011

Should I? I implore you.


We have a sort of really bad word around here.  The mere thought of uttering it sends chills down my spine for fear of the consequence it will bring.  NO ONE is allowed to say it.  We can't even spell it, because she is getting too smart for those tactics.
The word is "BIG."
"NOOOOOOO, I don't want to be big!!!
"I AM NOT getting bigger!!!"
"I am going to stay small for always."
The sobbing is utterly sad.  The facts are my sweet little babe. YOU ARE.
I too really do sort of wish you could stay my little bean for always.  


Really, what child does not like to be told you are getting so big?
I am not sure where it came from, but she has this idea in her head, and she's not going to let it go.


Letting go.  This is where I implore you.
I guess she does have a point.  When you get bigger, you outgrow some of the cutest little things.
My bean is a lucky girl too.  She gets lots of really pretty dresses and tops.
SO, as I was cleaning out her closet the last couple of days I asked myself, do I really need to keep all of these?  But what should I do with them?  The fabrics are just so nice.  That's why I loved them so in the first place. The fabric.....hmmm.  


AND THEN, my mind jumps to this cute little purse that my absolutely lovely neighbor just handed down to Lily with a matching dress.  I could recycle these outfits! I could make purses out of them.
Each one would be one of a kind.  And I would only have one to sell.  It'd have to be our secret though, because you know, she'll get upset again. But should I? As I type this I am taking it a step further.  Maybe other moms feel sort of melon collie over the thought of just donating a special dress.  Maybe I can make it into a purse for them too?  What do you think, should I? 

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Please let me send you one or two items and make them into a bag for me. PLEASE! Or some other wonderful Aubrey item. It would make me so happy. I'm practically giddy at the mere idea....

    None of mine are "hip" fabrics by any means. But I'd love, love, love to have SOMETHING practical that I could use and be reminded of the special time when my babe was a babe. PLEASE?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea! I have things of my own that I would love to have made into a bag, so that I don't have to "lose" them to Goodwill or something. Do it!

    ReplyDelete

It's fun to get love notes: