Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A little Quiz for Christmas

Hi!!!!
I miss you peeps.
I have been finishing orders {I know I said I finished Friday but then I got another one and even thought I said I probably couldn't make Christmas, I am such a sucker and had to}.
I was a happy gal today making Fat Quarter Bundles to list in the shop.
I am feeling the season finally and hoping for a warm fire soon!

So this was going to maybe be my Christmas Card, but then I realized I was out of photo ink and They're all going to be late.  Originally I wanted to have the lights around my children, but they are little monsters and no one would cooperate with mom (that would be me), because you know, she's crazy!
I think this is the first time EVER that I missed sending out my Christmas cards and I feel a little bad.  I think I will have to do a New years card. 

I saw this little Quiz and thought I'd give it a go.
If you do it leave me your link because I think these things are fun and it's nice to have fun and make friends.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Um, neither? I LOVE LOVE coffee. And this time of year Starbucks has a Creme Brulee late...goodness and I have only been twice the whole season. what have I been thinking!?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? 
Santa leaves the presents unwrapped and all put together. This served two purposes: 
1} my kids are really smart and I knew eventually the wrapping paper would be the death of me 
2} the kids don't have to wait to play with their gifts until mom or dad put it together. At least one would be ready to go!! I think this year I am off the hook finally with putting together something.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? 
white. The past couple of years we switched and have used the lights in that picture up there ;)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? 
no, but can I get mistletoe? I think it would be way romantic to have it hanging up somewhere in the house
5. When do you put your decorations up? 
not until the week after Thanksgiving. I like giving Thanksgiving it's own space. why rush to next holiday when you've got that one right there to enjoy!?
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? 
I like to make fresh cinnamon rolls or a french toast casserole on Christmas morning. That is my favorite thing I will eat the whole day.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? 
wow, that is a tough one. There are lots of bits that pop into my head when I read that. Santa once called me and came a week early just for me. That was pretty cool.  Also I have 3 brothers. when we all started to get old enough we would stay up late into the night playing liars dice as a family.  Oh and I love that we always were aloud to pick out one present to open on Christmas eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
This was a big memory of mine. I actually already told you all about it here.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  yep, I already told you: sorry I didn't see that one coming ;)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 
The kids are a big part of decorating the tree now.  They do it mostly. We have a few sets of white doves and bells and wooden trees that are all over the tree and then we have the various years of crafty ornaments the kids have made or a couple special ones that were given to us.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? 
I think snow on Christmas is awesome.  
12. Can you ice skate? 
totally. But I don't remember the last time I did!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? 
no, but I did have my very first baby three days after Christmas. I love him the most.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? 
Family. Teaching my kids that that is what matters the most. That we have each other.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? 
Can I say coffee again? chocolate covered pretzels are pretty rock star too.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? 
I love that we go to my Moms on Christmas Eve. The kids are getting that part of MY Christmas by opening a gift with my mom like I did! It also feels like we get to have two days of celebrating.  
My most favorite part of Christmas though is definitely after the kids go to bed.  The hubs and I work as a team to make Christmas happen for them. It always feels so good. I always feel so thankful. I always feel so lucky to be married to him and have him by my side on Christmas eve.
17. What tops your tree? 
a white metal star that has white chandelier gems through it that sparkle in the light.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Can I be honest and say both?  Both feel nice right!?
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy?
Meh. A jar full of them are a happy sight but I probably won't eat them.
20. Favorite Christmas show? 
The kids shows at school and stuff are my favorite. 
21. Saddest Christmas song? 
A sad Christmas song? those shouldn't be aloud.  But there is one about a little boy buying a present for his sick mom that makes me want to cry.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? 
Silent night is such a pretty song.
And now that I am a grown up, I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun to get love notes: