Monday, December 7, 2009

happy accidents


ac⋅ci⋅dent

[ak-si-duhnt]

–noun
1.an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.
2.Law. such a happening resulting in injury that is in no way the fault of the injured person for which compensation or indemnity is legally sought.
3.any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause.
4.chance; fortune; luck: I was there by accident.
So it seems the general consent here is that an accident is no good. BUT the kind of accidents I am referring to are the happy ones. (see definition 4)
Lately it seems that these little accidents are happening more and more. I can not even begin to count them. I'm not sure why. Is it because I embrace them whole heartedly? Or follow my heart instead of my head more than I used to?, and that is what leads me to them? Is it because I appreciate them oh so much? I am not sure why they happen, but I am going to continue to smile from the inside out when they do. {Does it date me that I feel oh so "Carrie Bradshaw" with all these ??? marks? LOL.}
Speaking of happy accidents. I came across a blog recently called SCRAP THAT POETRY. Such a cool concept. This really appeals to my inner english dork. I bet you didn't know I was a MAJOR poet at one point in my life. Constantly writing. Then illustrating them sometimes. Well, I decided to play along and Oh happy day! I won! FUN accident don't you think? They even asked me to be a guest designer this month so you'll have to check that out mid-month.
While I was working on the Layout for this guest spot I needed to get a picture of a mouse. (AND that is the only hint you will get :-)) I had another happy accident. It was way cooler to have my new kitten in the background too. Silly I know. But hey take what you can get. If an accident that simple makes me happy, then life is good people!
When was your last happy accident?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun to get love notes: