Monday, October 27, 2008

Second Verse, Same as the First...but not really

We're going to start out really boring here.  But I love my oatmeal.  Irish Oats Apples and almonds.  I have it almost everyday.
Mondays=Brownie Troop meeting

Remember that song...Second Verse, Same as the First?
That is life as a mom, but not really.
Moms, we all have those days, weeks, months: where everything is the same.  Same Dishes to wash, same clothes to fold, same toys to pick up, same bathroom to clean, same bottom to wipe, and my very least favorite: same sentence/rule to say AGAIN AND AGAIN.  Let's be honest here.  
It is SO mundane.  It is so OLD.  It is so, well boring!
But it is not really all the same.  Our kids morph in a blink of an eye, and they are not there like they once were.  You may not be actually wiping the same bottom at all.  My little baby is not the same as she was just 3 months ago.  And my son?  Well, he is playing with that little baby and trust worthy enough to leave with her while I shower.  That's not the same at all.  Remember when showering was actually an impossible task?  Where you got out and did not even know if you had actually washed your hair?  (Ok I still have a day or two like that....but they are dwindling.)  I will probably miss my same.  Even if somedays it seems it is driving me absolutely insane.
Ok so this week might be completely boring.  I have been wanting to do a layout with the words..."My Everyday."  Being that I am not completely predictable I will have to add the word "most" in there.
The idea of everything being the same got me thinking.  There are things that are the same EVERY day that bring me comfort.  That bring me joy.  And if I do a layout of them, in a few years, they may just bring me right now.  So basic rules for myself....something that strikes me as my same "right now."  Something that I want to show gratitude to.  Shooting for one photo a day, but we'll see how that goes...and once I take the photo for the day...that's the subject...I can't change my mind.  Curious to see how this turns out. 
It will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! So mundane and boring and torturously slow in the moment and yet gone in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete

It's fun to get love notes: