Monday, June 2, 2014

a freshly picked surprise!!

Wowzer!
How are you guys?
Today I want to talk about a little awesomeness that happened last week.
It was one of those unexpected happy moments, where me and my little AGREED on what she should wear.
It was magic.

Some of you reading this still have littles.
Littles that will let you dress them how ever you want.
AND, let me tell you, for me, that was always one of the perks of having those littles in the first place!
Maybe someone up there knew that, and slowly weaned me from it.
My first born, was my son, and lucky me, he could care less how I dressed him....all the way up to age twelve.
But my daughters. Well, that is just an entirely different beast.
And truth be told, there are some days I almost want to wear a sign that says,
"yes, I love my daughter. No she is not an orphan. She is just stubborn. Has a crazy sense of style. SHE DRESSED HERSELF TODAY."
yeah, I know, I know it shouldn't matter right?
{sigh}

SO this magic happened one afternoon when she walked up behind me while I was working on my computer. You see, I was looking at this awesome site that sells adorable kids Moccasins.
Freshly Picked.
Let me repeat, they sell KID SIZED moccasins! I say this loudly, because maybe you are like me and think these mocs are just for babies and longingly wish that your baby was still little enough to wear them?

SO, our conversation went a little something like this:
"what are you looking at mom? those are A.dor.ABLE.  I wish they had them for kids... Those are just for babies right?"
I agreed.
"yes they are baby mocs. I wish they....hey wait a minute....."
AND guess what!? They have a handy-dandy size chart that you print out right at home.
"Bean, come over here and stand on this just a minute...."
AND guess what!? They have moccasins that fit my SEVEN year old!!
YES. to answer your question, we were both dancing.
AND then, even though there were about a gazillion colors to choose from, she picked out a color that I would have picked also!!

So, I  let them know we'd like a pair.
They arrived super quick and we fought over who got to open that box first!
Adorable. I am keeping that bag and pin for myself. yes, Oh yes I am!
SO, Now that I have my hot little hands on these mocs let me tell you:
they really are adorable. And made well, and smart.
they have elastic hidden all around the top so that those bad boys can stretch out to get your kiddos feet in in a snap. And, seeing that mine is a kid, she can do it all by herself. lickity-split.
I can imagine this helps them stay put for the very littles in your life too.
AND she loves them.
Like, really, really loves them.
I quote:
"OHMYGOSHMOM, these are BEAUTIFUL.
 ADORABLE. 
so soft, so good
AND
GREAT!"
SO, if you have not heard of Freshly picked yet. 
CHECK THEM OUT!
They just so happened to have just been on ABC's Shark Tank.
AND, just so happened to strike a pretty cool deal with one of the sharks!
{fist pumps!!}
These Moccasins are so comfy and adorable, and  they come in too many fun colors to choose!

BUT THE BEST PART i HAVE TO TELL YOU?
THE VERY BEST PART?

I HAVE TEAMED UP WITH FRESHLY PICKED TO GIVE AWAY YOUR VERY OWN PAIR OF DARLING MOCCASINS THIS MONTH!
If you don't follow me on instagram yet, find me!
that is where I will be posting teasing pictures in the next couple of weeks 
and where all the details will be soon!
WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU PICK?
xoxo,
aubrey






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun to get love notes: