Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Hawk


I could hear my dog Max outside barking his head off.  He was looking up in the tree.  There was this gorgeous bird.  A hawk?  I can hardly describe it.  He just radiated knowledge? Truth? As he sat on his branch watching me.  He ignored Max's barks completely.  I stood there looking up at him for several minutes and he watched me. I wondered if I could maybe take his picture. I hurried in the house for my camera, and he waited.  Then I aimed.  It was if he said NO.  He disappeared as I heard the click .   There is no evidence of him in my camera.  Like it never even happened.  Even though it sounds strange, it felt like those moments had meaning.  I felt like it wanted my attention desperately.  I just don't know WHAT it means.  Who was that bird watching me?


Maybe it is that very little bit of  American Indian I have in my blood.
Maybe it is my heavy recent readings of the Twilight Saga.
But this is true: I could not stop thinking about that bird.  So I decided to look up a hawks symbolism.
I can't help but think it was sort of kismet?  When I found this....I have almost said these exact words on this very blog.  Weird huh?

Hawk:
It's message to you is to be open to hope and new ideas, to extend the vision of your life.
The hawk teaches you to be observant and take a close look at your surroundings.  It soars with the power to overcome difficult situations.  It soars in circles over the life of the earth, asking you to circle over your own life and view it from a higher perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's fun to get love notes: